> Home > Residents > Libraries & Museums > Library Cards

Library Cards

Print a library card application and instructions.

Present the application and identification (see instructions) at a Lake County Library branch to get your card.

A separate application is needed for each person applying for a card.

If you already have a card from Sonoma or Mendocino County, it is good in Lake County. If the card is lost, but you still have an account, we will update your registration and issue a Lake County card to you. 

How do I get a library card for myself?

Present a picture identification and proof of your current MAILING address.

Acceptable identification is Driver's License or State-issued ID card.

If your current mailing address is not on your license or ID card,

please also provide

Printed bank checks OR a piece of mail addressed to you. 

How do I get a card for my child?

A parent or legal guardian must present identification as above, and sign the application for all children under 18.

Parents are responsible for fines and fees that their children incur.

May I get a card for my grandchild?

You may do so if you are the legal guardian. See instructions above for parents.

May teachers/preschools/day care providers get cards for their students?

Only the parents or legal guardians may do so, but we are happy to provide applications and information that you can give to them.

Do you accept library cards from other systems?

Lake County, Sonoma County, and Mendocino County all honor each others' library cards.

What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?

Report it to the library immediately. We will declare it lost and issue you a new one. Replacement cards are free and we will check your identification.

Is there any charge for a card?

Library cards and replacement cards are free. If you don't have your card with you, please present identification so an employee can look up your account.

Other information

When you have a library card, you agree to the rules of the library including promptly paying all charges for lost, damaged, or overdue library materials; and to give notice of any change of address. Please have your card with you when you call or visit the library. If you have any other questions, contact one of our branches: Lakeport, Redbud (Clearlake), Middletown, or Upper Lake.

| Home | Lakeport Library | Redbud Library (Clearlake) | Middletown Library | Upper Lake Library |

| Catalog | Library Cards | Newspaper & Magazine Articles Online | Library News |

| Children, Teens & Students | Literacy Program | Interlibrary Loan |

| Friends of the Library | Government Addresses | Around Lake County | Genealogy & History | Book Lovers | Finding Forms