Preventing Dog Bites
Dog bites are a serious problem in our community, but they are a problem we can solve. Here's how:
1. Spay or neuter your dog. Dogs that have not been spayed or neutered are three times more likely to bite.
2. Train and socialize your dog so that they are comfortable being around people. If your dog shows signs of aggression, get help from a professional.
3. Never play "attack" games with your dog, they won't understand the difference between play and real-life situations. If you don't know how your dog will react to new situations exercise caution.
4. Obey the leash law and keep your pet on a leash in public places.
5. Don't disturb sleeping animals.
6. Don't pet an animal you don’t know or ask the pet owner for permission first.
If you are attacked by an animal report it immediately to your local Animal Care & Control. Remember there is no cure for rabies so it is important that every animal be tested or quarantined.