- Both must be present
- No blood test required
- Authentic Photo ID - Drivers License, Passport, Military Service Card, Naturalization Certificate, or Alien Registration Card required
- If divorced within the past 90 days, must bring copy of final judgement
- License is only valid for 90 days after issuance
- For minor marriage information, please call 263-2311
- We only accept cash, no credit cards or checks please
- What you should know about The Name Equality Act of 2007 (Effective 1/1/09)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies
FormsForms are in PDF format. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free.
- License and Certificate of Marriage Worksheet - (English)
- License and Certificate of Marriage Worksheet - (Spanish)
- Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriages
- Deputy Commissioner for a Day Instructions
- Affidavit of Inability to Appear
Our office is available to perform civil ceremonies in English or Spanish on Wednesday afternoons, by appointment only. Friday ceremonies may also be performed by appointment, based on the availability of the Board Chambers room.
If you are getting married at the County Clerk's Office, you are encouraged to bring at least one witness with you to your ceremony. If you cannot provide a witness, one may be provided for you for an additional fee of $25.00.
Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a Day Program
Do you have a friend or family member whom you would like to have perform your marriage ceremony? If so, we may be able to assist you.
Pursuant to section 401 (a) and (b) of the California Family Code, the County Clerk, who is designated as the Commissioner of Civil Marriages for Lake County, may at her discretion appoint Deputy Marriage Commissioners to perform civil marriage ceremonies.
Prior to the marriage ceremony, the parties must purchase a marriage license, and the following conditions must be met by the person requesting an appointment as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a Day:
- He or she must be at least 18 years of age
- He or she must fill out the Deputy Commissioner for a Day packet
- He or she must file the completed packet with the Lake County Clerk
- He or she must pay $50.00 in order to be commissioned
- He or she must have a valid I.D. present with them at the time of the filing
Marriage Licenses for the Incarcerated
A Confidential Marriage License must be issued for couples whom have a spouse that is incarcerated. An Affidavit of Inability to Appear must be completed for the spouse that can cannot appear in front of the County Clerk. The signature of the party who is unable to physically appear must be authenticated by a court or a notary public. The affidavit must be executed under penalty of perjury by all parties (first person, second person, and the person solemnizing the marriage). The party that is not incarcerated needs to be physically present in our office with the person who will be solemnizing the marriage along with the completed License and Certificate of Marriage Worksheet (worksheet is located in the forms portion of this page), and the affidavit of inability to appear form.
The person performing the ceremony is to file this original record within 10 days of the ceremony with the County Clerk in the county in which the license was issued.
Note: This record is held confidential and may not be viewed by the public.The only information which may be released by the County Clerk upon inquiry is whether there is a record of the marriage; the Date may not be released without a court order.
|Confidential Marriage License||70.00|
|Duplicate Marriage License||17.00|
|Certified copy of Marriage License||16.00|
|Marriage Ceremonies (in Courthouse)||35.00|
|Witness to Marriage [Applicant Requested]||25.00|
|After hour fee for Marriage License||25.00|
|One Day Marriage Commission||50.00|