20th Anniversary Celebration at the Schoolhouse Museum
The Lower Lake Historical School Preservation Committee invites the public to share in celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Schoolhouse Museum on SATURDAY, October 26. The festivities begin at 11 a.m. with live music by Tom Nixon and Friends, hot dogs, lemonade, and living history demonstrations. Cake will be served at 1:00 p.m. and Assistant Museum Curator, Dwain Goforth, will present a slide show on the history of the schoolhouse at 2:00 p.m. The museum is located at 16435 Main Street in Lower Lake.
The schoolhouse was built in 1877. Restoration efforts began in 1986 when a small group of local citizens formed the Preservation Committee to save this historic building. The museum opened in October, 1993 and the community auditorium was completed the following year.
Please join the celebration, admission is free. Call the museum at 995-3565 for more information.