Court Fine Amnesty Program
Start: January 1, 2012 End: June 30, 2012
California Superior Courts are offering a 50% discount on certain old unpaid court fines relating to traffic misdemeanors and minor infractions. The one time "Amnesty Program" begins January 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2012. More than 6 million cases statewide could qualify.
Parking tickets, driving under the influence (DUI), and reckless driving are NOT eligible for amnesty.
To qualify for amnesty ALL of these conditions must be met:
- You have an eligible court fine that was due in full before January 1, 2009.
- You either failed to appear in court or failed to pay in full before January 1, 2009.
- The last date you made a payment on the eligible fine was on or before January 1, 2009.
- You do not owe victim restitution in the county where the traffic fine exists.
- You have no outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants in the county where the traffic fine exists.
- Payment in one lump sum to Municipal Services Bureau (MSB) 1-888-500-4151.