Hunting at Highland Springs
PERMISSION TO HUNT IN THE HIGHLAND SPRINGS RECREATION AREA
(Lake County Watershed Protection District Property)
The Lake County Watershed Protection District owns approximately 3,200 acres of property in the Adobe Creek Watershed, which is commonly known as the Highlands Springs Recreation Area. Hunting with firearms is prohibited on the District property unless the hunter has been granted written permission. Permission will not be granted for “target shooting” or hunting within the designated Park Area or in the shooting range areas, which is prohibited by Section 8.7 of the County Code.
The following procedure is for obtaining letters of permission to hunt on designated areas of the District property.
- Applicants can call the Water Resources Department @ (707) 263-2344 to initiate the process. Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Hunter's name
- Mailing address
- California Hunting License Number
- The Department will complete the permission letter and the hold harmless agreement. Two copies of the documents along with one copy of the property area map will be send to the applicant. Sign both copies and return one copy of the permission letter and hold harmless agreement to the Department.
- Applicants can download and complete the forms listed below. Send two copies of the permission letter and the hold harmless agreement to the Water Resources Department, 255 North Forbes Street, Lakeport, Ca. 95453.
- Permission to Hunt on Lake County Watershed Protection District Property *
- Highlands Springs Recreation Area Map *The Department will sign the Permission to Hunt letter and return one copy to the applicant.
Note: A SEPARATE PERMISSION TO HUNT LETTER MUST BE OBTAINED FOR EACH MEMBER OF THE HUNTING PARTY
* Forms and Map are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader, click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.