Special Districts Administration
The Special Districts Administration is the water and wastewater agency of the County of Lake. Special Districts oversees the operation of ten water systems and four wastewater systems serving over 40,000 people in twenty-one communities.
The agency's mission includes:
• Provision of high quality
• Protection of the environment.
• Support for local economic development with community
• Providing safe, dependable drinking water to all of our customers in
each of our water district.
• Maintain the safe collection, transfer & treatment of waste water
throughout our sewer district.
• Promoting awareness & protection of our natural resources &
Special Districts achieves this mission with an integrated approach to resource management that recognizes the critical importance of the local water cycle:
In addition to our primary water and wastewater system management, Special Districts also administers fifteen street lighting districts and other multiple community services countywide.
Special Districts employs 45 professional and trained staff to provide the customer service, operations and maintenance of water and wastewater systems, and the planning and management of improvement projects. The agency is organized with three utility areas and one administrative office.
Special Districts commitment to excellence and innovation is reflected in its record of distinction among professional peers as
evidenced by the following awards:
- GREEN California Leadership Award in the field of Energy Inovation
- National Council for Environmental Sustainability Award of Environmental Achievement
- California State Association of Counties Challenge Award of Merit
- California Governor's Environmental & Economic Award of Recognition
- Water Reuse Association of California Award of Merit
- California Municipal Utilities Association Resource Conservation Award
- Geothermal Resources Council Special Achievement Award
Lake County Special Districts Administration
230 N. Main Street
Lakeport, CA 95453
(707) 263-0119, (707) 263-3836 fax