Permanent Vote by Mail
Any voter may apply for Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status by:
1. Sending a written request for Permanent Vote By Mail Voter's Status to the Registrar of Voters Office which includes:
- Your name
- Your residence address
- The address to which you would like your ballot mailed (if different than your residence address)
- Your signature
2. Completing an Application for Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status obtained from the Registrar of Voters office, 707-263-2372.
3. You may mark the box requesting Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status on the Application for Vote By Mail Voter's Ballot which is included in the Sample Ballot/Voter Information Pamphlet sent to each voter.
4. Applying in person at the Registrar of Voters Office, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Because the Registrar of Voters staff only works evenings and weekends as necessary, please call for evening and weekend hours.
You may apply for Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status at any time. Ballots will be mailed to voters with Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status approximately 29 days prior to an election. For information on voting and returning your ballot please see Vote By Mail Voter Information. Your name will remain on the list of Permanent Vote By Mail Voters unless you fail to return a voted ballot in two consecutive statewide general elections, in which case your voter registration will remain active, but it will be necessary to re-apply for Permanent Vote By Mail Voter Status.