Road Complaints

The general public can report problems/concerns pertaining to County maintained or County Service Area roads utilizing the Road Complaint Form* on-line, or call 263-2341 or 994-4824.


1. Download the Road Complaint Form here.*
2. Complete the following information:
  • road name
  • reporting party: name, address, phone number This information is required in case we need additional information or clarification.
  • location and nature of complaint
  • Date and Time will automatically be updated when form is opened by DPW.
3. Send as email attachment to

Examples of items to be reported are:

  • pot holes
  • ditches adjacent to roadsides needing clearing
  • blocked culverts
  • signs down or missing
  • debris/rocks on roadways creating hazards
  • brush inhibiting sight distance
* Form is in MSWord format. If you do not have MSWord, click here to download Word Reader.


Streets and roads complaints on/in the City of Lakeport and City of Clearlake should be reported to the respective city.

Complaints on State highways 20, 29, 53, 175 & 281 are to be reported to Caltrans.