The Lower Lake Historic School Preservation Committee is the non-profit organization providing community support for the Courthouse Museum.
Formed in 1986, the Committee has been instrumental in preserving the schoolhouse and providing funds and volunteer work to maintain and improve the museum.
Mission Statement"The Lower Lake Historical School Preservation Committee's mission is to preserve, maintain and utilize the historic schoolhouse building for the community of Lake County.
"We collect, preserve and exhibit artifacts relating to the lives of the settlers of the Lower Lake area.
"We endeavor to tell the stories of the past, for through the past we learn how to live in the future."
- Museum maintenance and upkeep - providing funds and volunteer time for painting, fencing, office equipment, lighting, exhibits, landscaping and auditorium improvements.
- Oral History Project - Volunteers conduct interviews with long-time Lake County residents, recording their stories.
EventsAnnual "Fun-Raising" events include a Fashion Show in April and a grand "Treasures & Trash Sale" in May. Also, every December the Committee holds it's annual Holiday Open House with tree lighting ceremony and a sing-a-long around the player piano.
Board of Directors
- President - Joan Cremer
- Vice President - Marybeth Alteneder
- Secretary - Nancy Dingler
- Treasurer - Judy Mullens
Join the Committee!
- $10 - Regular
- $25 - Bronze Society
- $50 - Copper Society
- $100 - Silver Society
- $500 - Gold Society
- $1,000 - Platinum Society
- $5,000 - Diamond Society
Memberships are fully tax-deductible.
Memberships include the bi-annual newsletter and invitations to special functions and events.
Make your check payable to "L.L.H.S.P.C." and send to...
Lower Lake Historic School Preservation Committee
P.O. Box 1762
Lower Lake, California
Find us on FaceBook