Friends of Lake County Museum
The Friends of the Lake County Museum is the non-profit organization providing community support for the Courthouse Museum.
Formed in 1978, the Friends have been an official adjunct organization to the museum since recognized by the County of Lake in 1994.
Mission Statement"We, the Friends of the Lake County Museum, shall endeavor to support our museum as a significant repository of local history and artifacts, through fund-raising, sponsorship of cultural events, tours and educational outreach programs.
"By raising public awareness and support of this unique treasure in the heart of our community, we hope to insure a continuum of preservation, documentation and restoration of historical records and specimens so they will be available to present and future generations."
- Courtroom Restoration Project - providing funds to restore the second floor historic courtroom into a replica of its original layout.
- Classroom Docent Project - Volunteers do classroom presentations before students take a field trip to the museum.
- Photo Digitization Project - Purchased computer equipment and hired part-time staff to scan and digitize the museum's large collection of historical photographs. To see a sampling of these photos, visit the Historic Photos of Lake County slide show page.
- Oral History Project - Volunteers conduct interviews with long-time Lake County residents, recording their stories.
- Workshops and Lectures - In 2007, the Friends sponsored a highly successful Pomo Basket Weavers Workshop at Robinson Rancheria.
Join The Friends!Becoming a member of the The Friends of the Lake County Museum is easy. Benefits include the quarterly newsletter "The Muse," discounts at the museum gift shop and special invitations to events.
- $15 - Individual
- $25 - Friend
- $50 - Sponsor
- $100 - Steward
- $250 - Patron
- $500 - Benefactor
Mail your membership to:
Friends of the Lake County Museum
P.O. Box 1505
Lakeport, California 95453
Return to Lakeport Historic Courthouse Museum Home Page