- Cash payment of $65 for a Public License or $70 for a Confidential License; exact change is preferred, we do not accept checks or credit card payments
- Valid Photo I.D.'s that verify birth date and full legal name
- If divorced within the past 90 days, a copy of the final judgment is required
- A License is valid for 90 days after issuance, the ceremony must be performed within the 90 days. If the license expires, the couple must purchase a new license
Public LicensesForms are in PDF format. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free.
- Both Parties must appear in-person to apply for the license
- If either applicant is a minor, a certified copy of the court order will be required
- The marriage record is made available to the public upon formal request
- The person performing the ceremony is to file the original license within 10 days of the ceremony with the County Recorder's Office
- Marriage License Worksheet - (English)
- Marriage License Worksheet - (Spanish)
- Parties to the marriage must be living together as spouses
- No witnesses are allowed to sign the marriage license
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- The person performing the ceremony is to file this original license within 10 days of the ceremony with the County Clerk's Office
- This record is held confidential and may not be viewed by the public. The date of the marriage or a copy of the license may not be released to any party other than the applicants without a court order.
- Confidential Marriage License Worksheet
- Affidavit of Inability to Appear
Note: A Confidential Marriage License must be issued for couples when one of the parties to the marriage is currently incarcerated. An Affidavit of Inability to Appear must accompany the application, and the signature of the party who is unable to appear must be authenticated by a court or notary public.
Above are general guidelines only, additional information or documentation may be required by the County Clerk's Office upon request.