Certified Farmer's Market
Lake County is home to several Certified Farmer's Markets (CFM's) which operate seasonally. CFM's exempt farmers from many packing, sizing, and labeling requirements set by California regulation providing a flexible marketing alternative without disrupting other produce marketing systems. When you visit a Certified Farmer's Market, you are assured that the products you purchase are direct from the farmer who produced them.
In order to ensure compliance with direct marketing regulations, the Lake County Department of Agriculture:
- Inspects growing sites to verify that what is sold has been grown by the certified producer
- Issues Certified Producer Certificates
- Periodically inspects markets
- Investigates market complaints
Certified Producer / Certified Farmers Market Application
Direct Marketing Links
- CDFA Certified Farmers Market Homepage
- California Federation of Certified Farmers Markets
- Small Farm Center
The County of Lake Website contains hypertext links to external Websites. The county of Lake is not responsible for the subject matter or accessibility of these external websites, and the county does not endorse any entity or product for which a link may be provided. External links are provided as a convieience for users of this site. Once you leave the County of Lake Website via a link to an external site, the County of Lake Privacy & Security Ploicies no longer apply.