> Home > Government > Department Directory > Administration > Wildfire Updates > Disaster Resources

Disaster Resources

View a Frequently Asked Questions regarding disaster relief prepared by the California State Board of Equalization.

View a list of Assistance and Services for Disaster Recovery prepared by California Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA).


Disaster Programs

Families affected by a disaster can apply for the programs listed below. Applications can be made at the Department of Social Services located at 15975 Anderson Ranch Parkway in Lower Lake. Applications also can be requested by phone by calling (707) 995-4277.


Intended to help meet the nutritional needs of families with low incomes and to purchase food items for the household. Expedited services are available to homeless individuals. Eligibility is based on income to the household. When all or part of a county has been struck by a disaster, such as fire, earthquake, flood, or other catastrophe, a county may apply for authorization to implement either full Disaster CalFresh, or modified Disaster CalFresh to establish temporary modified eligibility standards for the duration of the disaster. The county must request authorization to operate Disaster CalFresh from Food and Nutrition Regional Disaster Task Force.   

Cash assistance is available to families who meet the eligibility requirements who have children in the home. Eligibility is based on income, and property. Property limit is $2000.  

Homeless assistance is a once-in-a-lifetime benefit, with few exceptions. Uninhabitability of former residence caused by sudden and unusual circumstances beyond the person’s control which includes, but is not limited to, fire, natural catastrophe. The family must have less than $100 in liquid resources. There are two types of homeless assistance – temporary and permanent.  Must be receiving CalWORKs to qualify.

Nonrecurring Special Needs
Nonrecurring special needs are the result of sudden and unusual circumstances beyond the assistance unit’s control. These needs include homelessness and loss or damage to the home.  The maximum payment from any incident of loss or damage is $600 total, exclusive of homeless assistance. Must be receiving CalWORKs to qualify.

Information for Veterans

Vet Connect will provide information, assistance, and referrals for veterans in need. A Vet Connect volunteer is always there, to help you handle your issues before they become emergencies.

Vet Connect Schedule

American Legion Post 437
14770 Austin Rd.
9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
2nd Wednesday of each month                      

Umpqua Bank, 2nd floor
805 11th Street
9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
3rd Wednesday of each month

For more information, contact the Lake County Veteran’s Service Office, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., at (707)263-2384